Thursday, October 21, 2010

New logo for Rabbit Software

I made a new logo for Rabbit Software:
Richard loves the Barry Flanagan leaping hare, but we don't want to infringe on creative copyright. We've seen one of these wonderful sculptures at the Virginia Museum of Art.


My first step was to collect a lot of images on the web, save them in a folder, and using Adobe Bridge, made a neat-o PDF document with small equivalently sized and tiled images that I could easily refer to, and see at a glance.

After studying the images I made a lot of sketches. Rabbits arched concave-wise. Rabbits convex-wise. More realistic rabbits. More abstract rabbits. Finally, number 46 had that certain something.

I scanned the image, and saved it as a photoshop file. I then pasted it into Illustrator as a template layer so I could create a proper vector artwork above it. A bunch of tweaking with the pen tool, and I had my rabbit.

I then brought it back into Photoshop, where I applied a set of layer filters on it to get the golden look I was going for, exported the thing as a .png logo file, and voilĂ .

No comments:

Post a Comment