Saturday, October 9, 2010

I made the Rabbit Software website

I made a very simple WordPress-blog-based website for Richard's new adventure in consulting:

rabbitsoftware.com

I just pasted in some content from his LinkedIn profile. He'll have to tweak that.

I'm working on a proper rabbity logo, this one is just a filler. I think I'm satisfied with the favicon.

The slides are slices from a high resolution NASA image.
On Sat., April 17, 2010, the Advanced Land Imager (ALI) instrument aboard NASA's Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) spacecraft obtained this false-color infrared image of Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull volcano.

Eyjafjallajökull Volcano in Infrared
Image Credit: NASA/JPL/EO-1 Mission/GSFC/Ashley Davies
It took all of one minute to export the wordpress.com blog posts and import them into the new stand-alone full wordpress blog, including attachments and comments.

This beautiful template is by Omar Corrales of Slimmity, and was originally promoted on Smashingmagazine. I gave him a small donation for the GPL template. It uses free fonts that you can google and download if you want to tweak the Photoshop files: Museo 300 and Delicious Roman. The template uses a font replacement script called Cufon and an elegant slideshow called s3slider, among other choice scripts.

I love Wordpress. I love the wonderful plugins people make for it. I'm using a great contact form; the first time a potential client uses it, I'll make a donation.

I had some fun buying the domain name from a nice fellow in Glasgow. Hi Martin! I learned that you can pay someone internationally via PayPal.

It's easy to stash all the Wordpress files in a subdirectory instead of the public_html document root, but make it look as if you are running from the root.

No comments:

Post a Comment