Monday, July 20, 2009

Eclipse crashing when typing $

Eclipse 3.5 has been hanging almost every time I type a "$" character... and that's quite often. Every time this happened I had to force-quite on my Mac. At least PDT fixed that ridiculous "Selection Job Titile" error with this release.

Michael of Amptools kindly posted this bug to the Eclipse project, too. In the meantime I reverted to writing code in TextMate, no hardship there, but no "intellisense" treats either.

After uninstalling, reinstalling, and much gnashing of teeth, I did some more searching and pondering about this error.

This post gave me the clue I needed to deal with this problem.

The problem is solved by changing the Auto Activation code assist to a longer delay.

Preferences->PHP->Editor->Code Assist->Auto Activation

I'm finding that increasing the auto activation from 200 to 1000 is solving the hangs.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment